Create 3D models with Kinect
We develop software tools for using Kinect to scan objects, people or scenes and generate 3D models.
Once a 3D model is created, the digital information can be used in a variety of applications:
- Industrial design
- Science and medical applications
- Reverse engineering and prototyping
- Quality control measurement and inspection
- Interior decorating and personal property inventory
- Importing 3D models in applications such as Autocad, Solidworks, or 3D Studio Max
How it works
The Kinect depth sensor captures information about the distance from the camera to each point on the surface of the object. We've developed 3D reconstruction algorithms that converts the depth information obtained by the camera into 3D models.